- This is not cool. Yeah, Amazon messed up. But the resulting abuse? Don't do that. Just because there are no repercussions for being a jerk online doesn't make it okay. That person you're heaping abuse and derision is still a human being, worthy of respect and fair treatment. Don't say things online you wouldn't say to the person's face with a surly rugby team at that person's back.
- Has someone written a story yet about a team of hardy souls who go about avenging internet bullying? I'd like to read it. If not, I may write it. Hrm.
- In happier news, I broke 40,000 words for the month on my current manuscript. I remarked the other day that I fell in love with the characters a little in a scene I wrote. Meanwhile, I sow the seeds of their destruction. There may have been an evil laugh as I typed that.
- I'm thinking about doing a book giveaway with the February 28 post I keep touting. You guys, I'm looking forward to that post so much. I hope you all love it.
- Josh posted his story about the time he met Stephen King. It's my favorite story of his. I make him tell it whenever I find out someone hasn't heard it, so I know it by heart. I still make him tell it.
- I may have stretched myself a bit tight this month. SWANoWriMo, a readalong, a book club, and an advance review (which will go up this weekend), and I'm a bit worn out, which is probably why I'm under the weather. I'd say March will be less insane, but I can never count on such things.
How's your Thursday evening? Any plans for the weekend? Reading anything good right now?