The 2013 TBR Pile Challenge is to take 12 books from one's TBR (to-be-read) pile, with up to two backups. The book must have been there for at least one year, and I'm adding the "difficulty" that I must already own it. Further rules and tracking information is up at Roof Beam Reader.
Here's my list, alphabetical by author, which I'll update with links to reviews as I complete them:
- A Fine and Private Place by Peter S. Beagle
- A Private Hotel for Gentle Ladies by Ellen Cooney
- In the Woods by Tana French
- Dumping Billy by Olivia Goldsmith
- The Tough Guide to Fantasyland by Diana Wynne Jones
- The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Boy's Life by Robert McCammon
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Things I Want My Daughters to Know by Elizabeth Noble
- Faithful by Stephen King and Stewart O'Nan
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
And my backups are:
- Black and White by Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge
- To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
That should give me a decent variety from which to choose.
If you want to challenge yourself to read 12 books that you've been meaning to read for longer than a year, visit Roof Beam Reader to sign up, and make sure to read the rules.
Hopefully I'll see you there!